Cookies Policy of SEAC
WHAT ARE COOKIES
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
When you first access our Website, you are shown a window in which you can indicate whether you accept cookies or whether you wish to set or reject them, except those that are strictly necessary. You can also withdraw the consent given previously at any time.
If you accept cookies from third parties and subsequently wish to delete them, you can disable them through the different browsers or through the system enabled by these third parties.
Also, most browsers allow you to be warned of the presence of cookies or to reject them automatically. If you reject them, you will be able to continue using our Website but you may experience difficulties in terms of the navigability and operability of the Website and you may not be able to access certain features. Thus, deactivation may cause limitations on the use of some of the Website’s services and therefore make your experience less satisfactory.
You can find out more about how to disable cookies, depending on your browser, at the following links:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-ng/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac; for iOS: https://support.apple.com/en-ng/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
You can also manage many companies’ cookies used for online advertising via the consumer choice tools created under self-regulation programs in many countries, such as the US-based aboutads.info choices page or the EU-based Your Online Choices.
THE COOKIES WE SET
- Email newsletters related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies: This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies: In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our websites or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
- E.g. Several of the SEAC | Space Economy Academy pages have been optimized for social sharing using the tool AddThis to allow users to share pages on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
These cookies collect information regarding the use of the Website, such as the time spent on the Website, the number of visits or the content visited.
This information allows us to understand how users interact with the Website, to evaluate the performance of the site, which pages or sections of the Website are most or least visited, including quantifying the impacts of advertisements placed on the Website. This allows us to fix errors, improve the design of the Website or the content we offer. If you do not allow this cookie to be used, we will not know when you visited the site and will not be able to assess whether it worked properly.
Specifically, to analyze the use of the Website we use a range of analytical services, including, among others, Google Analytics, LinkedIn Analytics and Twitter Analytics.
The providers listed in the table below will use the analytical information for the above-mentioned purposes, as well as for the elaboration of reports on the Website activity.
For more information about the statistical cookies please visit the websites of each provider linked in the table. The statistical cookies used by the Website are as follows:
|Google Tag Manager||Website Analysis and Statistics||30 days|
|Google Analytics||Website Analysis and Statistics||30 days|
|Linkedin Analytics||Website Analysis and Statistics||30 days|
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
For more general information on cookies, please read the Cookies Policy article.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 004915755245145